Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What the heck am I doing?

Little info about me....
I am a young mom of a beautiful 1 year old and I could not ask for anything more in my life because I am truly blessed except....

I want LOSE weight!!!


Pre-baby: I was around 135 lbs to 140 lbs (varies due stress, overeating and simply being lazy), which was pretty much a healthy weight for my 5'6 frame. Although I was not toned in any way and I still did have the dreaded 'love handles', I was comfortable with my body and I didn't hesitate to show it off.


Pregnancy: I was on track with my pregnancy weight gain even though I was pigging out. I worked out from time to time doing yoga and brisk walking depending on my mood. But when I was on my 8th month my weight just ballooned to a scary 180 lbs!!! I guess all those sweets caught up on me (I craved pies during my pregnancy). By the 9th month I was 185 lbs but I still had that notion that all women go back to their pre-pregnancy weight right after birth. Boy, was I so wrong!!!!

Post-baby: Right after birth I was disgusted with my weight of 175 lbs and my huge, ugly and distorted belly. I breast-fed for 4 months so that helped shrink the belly down but boy, I still had an appetite of a cow. I didn't really do anything to lose weight right away since I was busy adjusting to the new mom life that includes no sleep and never ending chores on top of taking care of my daughter (I didn't have a nanny nor my parents to help out and babysit!). When my daughter was about 7 months old, I decided I should really do something to lose the lbs. Here's what I have done so far:

  • Did the horrible Cabbage Soup Diet. It was so disgusting and I was starving for real food! It worked though I lost 7 lbs in a week. In about 2 weeks after, I gained back 4 lbs. I guess it was all water weight.
  • Pilates. As much as I loved the burning feeling of the workout, I never got motivated to stick with it. Lost 0 lbs :(
  • Signed up for Booty Camp fitness. This really helped me lose weight and the inches. I did it twice a week for May, June and July. I was supposed to do a third at-home workout but that didn't really work out. I lost a total of 10 lbs during those 3 months and man did I get strong! I could barely do a knee push-up when I started then by the 6th week I was doing them on my toes like a man... AMAZING!!! BUT, I could have lost more weight if I ate better and did that 3rd home workout.
  • Since there are no booty camp classes in August, I took the matter into my own hands. I had better food choices like lots of fruits and veggies, switching to brown rice and more importantly, consistently had smaller portions. I also signed up to a 5k run in October to motivate me and started training for it right away. I did about 2 5k runs and a 5k walk with my baby in a stroller every week. In between running I did Ab work specifically P90x's ab ripper. I like it coz it's short but it's hard, challenging and it works! I also did some resistance band training for my arms, more on my triceps. I lost a total of 4 lbs in one month!!!!
Now it's September, I'm back to booty camp. I really really want to take it seriously this time by doing my 3rd home workout and 5k runs in between. Now that I'm eating better, I SHOULD get great results!!!

My goal: Lose 10 lbs in 8 weeks and I am hoping more!!! For a long term goal, I am hoping to be 130 lbs and be more toned than I was pre-baby.

So here it goes, I'm putting everything out there with no discretion. I really hope that blogging about my journey back into my skinny jeans will really motivate me and have me accountable for my actions. Wish me luck everyone!!!

Next post... My measurements.. ick!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails