Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tough day

Hi Friends,

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I was feeling really down and I had no energy for anything! I promised myself to sweat once a day and yesterday that phrase kept creeping up in my mind. But when my spirit is low it is hard to recharge with activity. Because no matter how great you might feel after that adrenaline rush, that burden is still gonna come back in your heart quite instantly.

So yesterday I DID NOT SWEAT.


My hubby sensed my lack of enthusiasm and he took me out to a nearby coffee shop to talk (My baby was already fast asleep and my mom was home with her, in case your wondering). We got ourselves a cup of tea each and sat down. It was hard to even say out loud how I felt. But he encouraged me and listened intently to even the littlest things I said. And after an hour or so, I was relieved. I cannot even thank God enough that I have my hubby. Without him, a day like yesterday would drive me off the wall. And today, he sent me a message through Facebook quoting a scripture from Matthew 6:24. I read that before countless times, but today, I found it's meaning and I would like to share it with you.

Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

photo credits: here
27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.

29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

photo credits: here

30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own

photo credits: here

Yesterday, my mind was too occupied with the now and of things I think I needed. Now, this verses refreshed my spirit and I know that God always takes care of me.

It is great to have goals in life and to obtain and accomplish things. But sometimes, we need that break, to go back and do some soul searching, pray and be with the ones we love.

I hope that reading these verses would touch your heart and comfort your spirit as it did mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails