Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hi Friends,

My oh my what a busy weekend! The main highlights were going to our friend's wedding on Saturday and today, aside from church, my family reunited with a old close friend after not seeing each other for almost 7 years.

Needless to say, I haven't worked out! Although I did burn some calories on the dance floor at the wedding. Also, I did not indulge in the excessive amounts of delicious Italian food that was served to us. I basically chose veggies instead of seafood on the Antipasto buffet, ate only half of my pasta course, ate all my salad, ate half of the chicken breast, veal and potatoes and ask for extra veggies in the main course.

The dessert was so delicious that I just had to indulge. It was a truffle ice cream ball served in a waffle bowl topped with berries and strawberry syrup. And afterwards, I just completely avoided the wedding cake, roasted pig and pizza that was served at midnight. My night was capped off with some fresh fruits from the dessert buffet table (where they had like 6 different types of cake and tons of pastries!). Overall, I'm proud of myself for not overeating at the wedding.

This is the dress I'm wearing that I mentioned in my previous post BTW


Today, I was just dead tired!!! We came home at about 2 in the morning the night before and I barely got any sleep since I woke up just 5 hours later. My daughter was already lively and awake so I had no choice but to get up. We eventually went to church around 10am and after the service, my family stopped to the cemetery to visit our Late friend.

After lunch, we had to jet out again to see my Tita Heidi (she's like an aunt to me) whom I haven't seen in a long while! She came to immigrate here from the Philippines along with her son, Ali. It was so nice to see her again and I look forward for her starting anew and living here so close to us.

During our visit we had more food and tons of it. We had some grilled chicken and pork, pizza, different kinds of Filipino food and a huge batch of brownies topped with caramel sauce for dessert. Seriously, my sweet tooth is getting me into trouble lately because I couldn't resist myself eating at least a small square. So I did, and now I feel oh so guilty.

Photo credits: here


I can't really imagine myself not having any treats if I am surrounded with it. How do you guys keep yourselves disciplined with food? Weekends are totally my weakest times in terms of giving in to temptations. When I get so busy and I don't have that homemade food option, I totally crack. It'll be cool if I could hear out some of your suggestions.

Well I bid you goodnight, I need my beauty rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails