Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy Style: Mother's Day Special



Happy Mother's Day
to all you mother's out there!

This is how I was surprised for mother's day.

My hubby let me sleep in. While I was happily dreaming, a tray was plopped on top of me with my DD shouting in my ear, "WAKE UP MOMMY!" and my hubby greeting me "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!". And as soon I opened my eyes, he shot a picture of me. Luckily, I was able cover up my ugly 'just woken up' face (bottom left pic below).

 

My DD's gifts were crafts she made with the help of her daddy and babysitter. She was so proud of herself and she reminds me every two seconds that she made those for me.

My hubby NEVER cooks. So a mother's day breakfast of sunny-side up eggs and buttered  toast is a BIG DEAL for him! It's nothing fancy but it was delish and made with love (and apparently those were the last two eggs in the fridge). The bottom right picture is my DD's hand stealing away my toast. She ended up eating one of my toast and some of my eggs.

I thought for a special mother's day post, I'd share with you my "Mommy Style".

So since Saturday last week, I took a pic of myself so I can show you what I wore that day. It was an idea that I originally saw on The Pleated Poppy's Blog.

SATURDAY MAY 1st

Cardigan: H&M
Top: H&M
Jeans: Old Navy
Brown flats: Payless
Bracelet: H&M
Necklace: Custom made from a jeweler

Close-up of my top, it's so girly I love it!

SUNDAY MAY 2nd



Dress/top: Costa Blanca
Crop tights: H&M
Purse: Michael Kors (This is my everyday purse)
Gold flats: Walmart
Gold heart necklace/clock: Aldo accesories (the heart pendant opens into a clock)


MONDAY MAY 3rd


It's my day off! and it was so hot that day it felt like summer. I lounged in the house and the backyard and around the neighborhood/playground in:
Tank top: Old navy
Crop sweats: Lululemon
Flip flops: Old navy
Glasses: D&G (My eyes took a rest from contacts that day)


TUESDAY MAY 4th



Sweater: H&M
Skinny black pants: Walmart
Necklace: Aldo accesories
Brown flat with mini wedge heel: Steve Madden (bought at clearance with another 30% discount)
Just bought these shoes last sunday at Town shoes outlet


WEDNESDAY MAY 5th


Black top: Suzy Shier
Cadigan: H&M
Navy blue wide legged pants: Jacob
Shoes: I wore the brown Steve Maddens, not the flip flops.

I love love this top! It's tee with a hole in the back with gathered sleeves. I have another one in red.


THURSDAY MAY 6th


What a rainy day!
 Printed dress: Fairweather
Jean jacket: Topshop (bought overseas)
Black tights: Forever 21
Blue scarf: H&M
Black flats: Geox

I changed into something more comfy for grocery shopping after work
Sweater: Aeropostale
Tank top(underneath): Jacob
Yoga pants: Adidas
Flip flops: Old navy


FRIDAY MAY 7th

Gray sweater with embroidery and beading: borrowed from Mom
Long sleeve tee (underneath): H&M
Black skinny pants: Walmart
Black flats: Geox

SATURDAY MAY 8th

Yay! No work! (I normally go to work on saturdays). Pardon the messy hair, it was really cold and extremely windy and raining outside.
Tank top: Lululemon
Zip-up sweater: Adidas
Yoga pants: Adidas
Shoes: Pumas


There you go, this is my 'Mommy style'. If you can't tell from the pics, I love being comfortable and able to move and run around whether it's going to the office, doing errands or just staying at home.

My fave store is H&M for office and casual wear. I like my sporty/workout clothes during the days I do a lot of running around town and of course working out. I also love love love Forever 21! It does not reflect on what I wore this week becuase I mostly get my dresses and going out/party clothes from there (Yes, I didn't party that week, nor the week before).

How about you what's your style? Let me know by posting a comment! Or better yet, I challenge you to also post what you wear for a whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails