Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Green Tea Soy Latte

Now that I have been off of sugar and dairy for the challenge, I have replaced my milk and sugar with soy and honey for my morning coffee. Now, I have to admit the taste is slightly off and different to me and I really don't enjoy it as much as my regular version. When I went to Sammie's blog I saw her post on how to make a home-made version of the soy latte. Then, I recall that I use to make a soy drink I enjoyed all the time before I adapted the coffee habit just last year. It might be less caffeinated but it's so delicious, warming and comforting that it's almost like you are enjoying that cup in a spa while getting pampered.

Green Tea Soy Latte

2 heaping tbsps. of loose leaf Green tea or 2 teabags

I used Green tea leaves with Jasmin and toasted brown rice bought from a Chinese grocer


Squirt of Honey (to your taste)



2 cups of Original Unsweetened Soy Milk



Heat up the soy milk into a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Mix the loose leaf green tea or add the teabag.



Cover and let it simmer for about 5 more minutes to let the tea steep (careful not to let it boil over).

Then, whisk in a squirt of honey.


Strain the tea leaves using a strainer and pour drink into your favorite teacup or mug.


Enjoy this little cup of (almost) instant bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails