Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Word Wednesdays



Remember to pray for one another daily, for the Lord said in Mat 6:11“give us this day our daily bread.” Prayer will release the power of God for each and every one of you. 

Psalm 37:3-4

“Trust in the Lord and do Good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. 4 Take delight in the Lord and+ He will give you your heart’s desires.”

I was restless this week. I have felt just about as far away from being a “righteous Christian” as I can remember. What happened is I let my feelings/emotions lead my way. The good thing was I knew I was in the wrong place and went to the right place that is the Bible. But how do you decide what to read when you’re angry or upset or exhausted. You have to pray first. I was listening to a pastor on a podcast who said to read one chapter of Psalms and proverbs a day. I found myself at Psalms 37 and I started feeling connected to God through His Holy Spirit in my heart breaking mine, especially when I read 37:8 “stop being angry! Turn from tour rage! Do not lose your temper it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.” I was not trusting in the Lord and letting the Truth guide me. I read it again and saw there was a fact “God will give me the desires of my heart.” Now these desires only come when you follow the instructions by faith in this passage.

Psalm 37:3 

“Trust in the Lord and do good – two sides one of faith the other do what is good obey.”

Psalm 37:5 

“Commit everything you do to the Lord – The Lord must be first and everything you do must be for Him. Whether that is making your bed to studying for an exam.”

Psalm 37:7 

“Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for him – this is a hard one but be still or have peace with what is going on and even if you aren’t getting what you want (like my house in Barrie is not yet sold) wait patiently for God to act.”

Psalm 37:34 

“Put your hope in the Lord. Travel along His path (not your own) He will honour you by giving you the land you will see the wicked destroyed.”

God is truly an amazing God. When I put the truth of God in front followed by stepping out in faith as His word directs I am receiving the desires of my heart and I feel great and in unity with the Holy Spirit.
Always let God drive,
walk in faith, and you will receive the desires of your heart.




Love you in Jesus,





Dave







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails