Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bloganniversary!!!


Oh wow! It's been a year since I started this blog!

I remembered making a blogger account after reading countless health blogs and thinking that creating one for myself might work as a great motivation tool. And you know what it worked! Blogging about my weight loss journey really helped me stay on the healthy track (ok, it worked MOST of the time).

Well, ever since I started, I have taken pics of myself to track the weight loss visually. I have always wanted to post them but never had the guts too because well... it's too darn embarrassing!

I figured that since it's my blog anniversary, I want to celebrate by letting all my fears of ridicule aside and post that dreaded "BEFORE" picture. 
I have probably taken 5 or 6 pics in the last year  or more but I decided to post just the one when I was the biggest that I ever was. 


Ok... brace yourself....



Gosh...




I can't believe I'm doing this....





Before   
                                                                                                 




December 2008: Ranging from 178 to 182 lbs.



After



September 2010: Happy and healthy at 145 lbs.


There it is... ummmmm... yeah...

Sorry, I can't think of anything to type since I'm still not over the fact that I actually uploaded these pics (and it is permanently stored out there in the big web called Internet).

In my first post, I originally stated that my goal weight is 130 lbs. Well, I'm not in any hurry to get there now. It took almost 2 years to get rid of more than 30 lbs. the right way by working out and eating clean and fresh. My main focus now is to be healthy and stay that way.

I have also learned that weight loss is addicting. It makes you vain and narcissistic almost. I can honestly say I was that way at one point in time and man, I despised myself for being like that.

Right now, I'm just so happy that my clothes fit and I have the energy to run and keep up with my rambunctious toddler.

Oh and before I forget I have a 


GIVEAWAY!

I am giving away this copy of the book I'm currently reading. I started reading this in the bookstore during my DD's nap and about a quarter through it, I bought two copies, one for myself and another one for one of my blog readers.



I just actually saw her speak in her conference just a month ago and she is inspirational. Well, the word of God is inspirational but the way she delivers it touches my heart and smacks me in the face at the same time. So this book is great for those of you, like me, struggling with body image because of years of unhealthy lifestyle.

To win this: you can COMMENT below and.... that's all! 

Oh and I just might give a bonus gift to the winner if they posted a link to this post on their Facebook or Twitter! The little extra gift will be coming from one of my regularly visited shops.

The winner will be randomly selected and announced next week, Thursday, September 16, 2010. I am willing to deliver to any part of the globe that you can mail to so feel free to comment wherever you may be!

I just want to thank all of you reading this for following my rants the past year. I also want to give a BIG Thank you to my family for supporting me through this journey and telling me that I can't eat the bag of chips or I might regret it. Thank you for my loving husband who still loves me with all my insecurities aside and for telling me I'm beautiful even though I didn't feel I was. 

And most of all I thank God for giving me the patience, the guidance and the comfort while I struggled fitting in this crazy, Uber-superficial world we live in.


Here's to another year of blogging!





3 comments:

  1. First of all you look FANTASTIC! The difference between your before and after is amazing. I mean in the 'before' you are beautiful, but in the 'after' photo you can tell that you feel beautiful...your beaming and that comes from the inside not outside!

    My journey is still in the beginning stages. You talk about how losing weight can become addicting, and although you mentioned you did not like yourself during that period in time, I almost think that I need to get there, get to that addicting feeling so that I can stay on track and reach my goal.

    Thank you so much for being such an inspiration!

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...I added your link on my FB. It was not just for the prize, I think that everyone could get some inspiration from your success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the giveaway but too bad, I'm not qualified to join.

    I am a witness of what you have been doing, and I'm so happy for you. Truly with following God's Word, He will give you the wisdom and knowledge and the power to be whatever He wants you to be. And surely He always wants the best for his children.

    I also admire Dave's support and patience in helping you achieve your goal. It doesn't stop here though, it is continuous process. Keep it up and continue maintaining your healthy lifestyle as you continue your walk with the Lord.

    Happy 1st Blog Anniversary and Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary! May the Lord richly bless you. I love you Dave & Vannah.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails