Sunday, October 31, 2010

Angels, cute little monsters and candy...

This pretty much sums up my halloween this year. We never really celebrated it ourselves due to it's pagan history thing, let alone going all out with the ghouls and ghastly decorations. But....

How could I resist dressing up my darling daughter and depriving her of all the candy she could get?

So what does a Christian mom do in this situation?

Dress my little girl as an ANGEL, of course! She can light this world out of the darkness just with her little heavenly smile...



I took her out too early when there was barely any people in the street. Some of the neighbours were actually just setting up their lawn and porches with all the spooks and surprises they have for the trick or treaters. 

(This is my DD flapping her arms every time she hears the word 'wings'. At the same time, she shouts: "I'm flying high! Mommy see?")

Anyway, we got back in the house...

had dinner...

got all the candy out...


goofed around...


waited till the first costumed little monster knocked on door to ask nicely for some treats...

And then, we thought, IT IS TIME to head out!

We took my DD to the neighbours we were actually friendly with. Those who I see to and after work, who watches out for our home when we are away, and simply those who we like to chat with outside on a nice day.

They were thrilled seeing my DD on their doorstep. Some even gave an extra handful of candy. My DD was more than ecstatic seeing her little princess purse getting filled up. 

The only thing that scared her was going to the one house on our street that went all out with the decorations. But the nice grandpa dude warned his wife not to scare this little trick or treater. I actually saw my DD's face lit up when she saw nice grandma on the door instead of grandma with the monster mask on.

It was getting too cold out and I thought going to a few houses was enough. By the time we were walking back home, our street was filled with little princesses, superheroes, cute animals, ninjas, ghosts, vampires, monsters and a few lame teenagers who "acted out" their costume instead of actually wearing one. It was a big street party, I tell yah. 

Just about 20 minutes after getting home, we were out of candy. But my DD has enough to last her for a while!


I said she can only have one candy per day. I just hope I would be able to resist giving her more every time she bats her eyes and asks me sweetly...

 "My have some of this Mommy please? Just a lil bit?"


1 comment:

  1. this is the first time I see an angel costume for trick or treats :)

    your DD is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails