Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Word Wednesdays

Who am I?


Whether it is the music you listen to or the way you dress or what island you came from in the Philippines, we all struggle with who we are. As a teen I had a hard time figuring this out as I was in a high school with mostly west Indian and Latin students who just came to Canada and I didn’t really know any of my family’s culture. 

Of course we are all Family now and we are part of God’s Family AKA “the kingdom of God” through Jesus.
Yeah, how sick is that we are royalty son! But no joke, we have a great culture and life to be thankful and praise God for. Let’s look in 3 areas:

Salvation in simple terms eternal life through Jesus Christ. When I find it difficult to handle temptation or maybe the devil I often think back and think I am really just who I was before Christ I can’t be a part of this “Jesus” thing I’m just too evil. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! That means nothing in your past can hold you from God. 

Sanctification is a process where God makes us more like Him until we are perfect. Other times when I do fall and stumble with losing temper or falling into temptation to do or not do something I think or get fed thoughts that God won’t forgive you this time. Romans 8:39 neither height nor death, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. It is important to know two things as we walk in Christ. If we were perfect we wouldn’t need Jesus and we would still be in the Garden of Eden. God is not finished with me yet when He is it will be my time and I will be on my way to heaven. The flip side if you continue to commit the same sin over and over without any improvement you do not fear God and will not enter heaven. If that is the case be humble talk to elder/Pastor right now.

We are in the Kingdom of God. To have salvation and sanctification God has called all (that means you) of us to spread the word of God and to live our lives as a living sacrifice. Remember Mark 16:15 Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 



Mark 8:35 

for whoever wants to save his life will lose it, 
but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.

Know who you are, don’t be caught up in the world or temptations of the evil one. God is with you and part of your culture the only truth to this world.




God bless.





-Dave







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails